Tuesday, September 4, 2007

my love


funny how i have felt so compelled to start this blog. it isn't my first (which was a sad documentation of a time that needed to be recorded, but which i would rather put away for a while). it is, though, nice to have a means to type the non-specific things that come to mind. plus, it seems that i am always in the mood to write this time of year. every journal i open from my bookshelf seems to start in september. i wonder why that is?

i was inspired by my friend and occasional colleague kristy, a mom, wife, model, singer, actor, and baby wrangler, to document the fun misadventures of city life (in fact, i just realized upon looking at kristy's blog that i totally yet inadvertantly stole "misadventures" from her blog description, and...um...added it to mine. sorry, kristy! i would assume, though, that most people blog about their "misadventures" of one kind or another).

anyhoo, "rage kage", as i like to call kristy in my mind, seems to have a knack for capturing so much that is fun yet unnoticed about urban living. it's refreshing, really, and has inspired me to blog and hope that i can some day have as much fun with future wolfeinellis as she has with her girls. she makes me believe that it is indeed possible to raise children whose lives are enriched by the city, rather than hindered by it.

this has been a HUGE realization for me over the past few months, and was really triggered by my mom sharing with me that she and my sister were talking about bdub and i, and were discussing what an exciting life our future kids have in store. i can't tell you how much that meant to me....

A) that i have family that views my life as an exciting adventure (rather than a colossal mistake--i know many people--freelancers, artists-- whose parents are simply waiting for them to find a real job and get over it already) and

B) that hearing their perception really helped me to change my own...perhaps from one of panic ("how are we going to DO this when we have KIDS???!!!") to one of, again, feeling blessed, of knowing that we live in abundance and that we and our kids will have enough-- enough love, enough time together, enough structure and enough resources to have a pretty good life.

but i digress....

once a month, rage kage lists her loves, the little things she appreciates about her sweetie and her girls. what can i say? i'm a huge sap and it struck a chord with me. so sue me. plus, i happened to be married to one of those guys who is, like, always doing amazing, wonderful things just because he loves me. it would be a shame not to give him any credit.

MY LOVES--june-july-august:
-being so helpful and taking such good care of chris and jen during their visit
-making our six flags adventure spirited and fun!
-cooking dinner when i was so tired from the graco jobs
-picking me up in greenpoint after your gig, even though my phone was ignoring you and you were so tired
-your patience and love towards my family
-complimenting me on my wedding skillz--i appreciated the props!
-being such a great date at the nups in LA
-helping me to drive and collect donations for beezie and matt
-the many early work dropoffs, when i'm sure you would rather sleep in
-meeting me at the train with the biscuit (there are few things i would rather see than the two of you trotting along towards me)

No comments: