Tuesday, September 25, 2007

au revoir! tschuss! auf weidersehen! see ya!

i am OFF to europe!

le petit bisquit is at the lil bro's and the lil firecracker's. he is having a heck of a time...he actually "rooted", as in rooted around burying his plump little body into brush and grasses along a pond. how cute is my little country dog? his cousin, jackson, is a shining example of an exemplary canine, and is not afraid to put him in line with a bark or two...i expect the biscuit to return to me having learnt all of jackson's tricks as well as his good listening skills.

not too much excitement to note about my weekend, which is just how i wanted it: a couple of trips to target (where i did NOT get into a "targument", as jen and i like to say, with any target employees. on my last trip, i engaged myself in a debate with a target employee --think the pimply-faced "i'll have to ask my supervisor!" clerk from the simpsons-- over whether or not i should have to pay for a trashcan lid, despite my not having the faulty lid with me to exchange.




i think i made a pretty good case for myself....). in addition to tarjay was lots of laundry, mending, dog romping, eating.

on the way back to new york, i stopped and visited my sweet katie swartz, who has transformed her culinary prowess into
quite the small business. she's, like, already famous and she hasn't even been doing this for six months (she has scored the catering/personal cheffing for a reality show in her area! crazy!). it is completely NOT surprising, i'm sure, to anyone who knows her that she would suddenly be thrust into something as insane as a reality show. and did i mention that it features sextuplets? they were all swarming around her like a little hive when she showed up: "are you our chef? is this your car? what's on your car?"




i think i am, finally, almost ready for my trip. the only loose ends i have are transport-related. i used a service called hitcher.com, which connects people looking to share rides to the airport with each other. if you don't get a match (which i'm pretty sure i won't, as i don't think many people use their site yet), they send you a regular car service. however, i haven't heard a peep from them, and this concerns me.

more concerns involve finding my way around zurich. i am a hot mess. i have to pray to the good lord above that i can manage an early check in ( very early, like 8 am ish), catching the train from the airport to the city center and then on to the hotel, and then navigating to the hotel by foot.

thank god i have a sister and a good friend who let me cry all over the phone to them. i think i am seriously in over my head, but atleast i'll be here:



i am trying to master my swiss german before i go....did you know that THIS is actually a word?

"CHUCHICHÄSCHTLI"

yes. that is the swiss german word for "kitchen cupboard". i am so screwed.

this post has been edited to be nicer to my dear husband.

1 comment:

Ehrrin said...

nowlzie--don't stress about the gettin' around logistics. just look at it as part of the adventure. or, can you take a taxi? you're gonna have so much fun!

i wish i were in a nowlzie-schwattzie virtual sammich-of-love! that made my little ol' heart ache.

bon voyage!