Friday, September 28, 2007

i made it!

yes....i made it in one piece!

i would like to preface this post with a public apology to my love, bdub, who was somewhat hurt by my last post. the dub believes that i did not sufficiently convey how hard he was trying to make my arrival in zurich easy, and that many factors were out of his control. of course, i understand this.

however, we will be purchasing a blackberry world phone just as soon as we are able to afford it...if only for my peace of mind during times like these.

onward: i arrived in zurich without incident, but i cannot say the same for my bag. train service was reliable and accurate (after all, this IS switzerland) and getting to the hotel from the tram wasn't so bad either. once i freshened up, i ventured out to explore and was unable to navigate to the tram running in the opposite direction (towards the city), so i hoofed it, thinking only of h&m--my european mecca.

the walk along the river:




swiss bully!:


i stopped at a marriot hotel and tried to swipe their wireless--sadly, upon opening my little mac, it seemed to shut down on me and promptly go into sleep mode. nothing i did--including my simian-like pounding on the keys and various grunts and snorts-- seemed to have any effect at all.

i took my lil puter to a mac store i stumbled upon in the city center, and can now say that tech support peeps at apple in zurich are just as arrogant as those in new york. joy! as it turns out, my genius tekkie dude informed me that my battery had run out and needed to be recharged.

silly nowlze.

after purchasing a couple of cute frocks at h&m, some swiss chocolate pralines for the dub and a delicious lunch at the fresh market in the train station (of olives stuffed with orange rind, a pizza-like creation with a custardy cheese filling and fresh tomatoes as well as a fresh mango-banana juice), i took the tram back to the hotel and napped and napped.

lunch:



bdub's pralines:



i was awoken by my sweet dub, perhaps the best wakeup call in the history of wolfeinelli inc! i can't think of a better definition of "a sight for sore eyes" than le dub at that moment.

gig details to follow!

No comments: