Friday, April 18, 2008

got one up the spout!


(twelve week ultrasound from NT scan)


finally! the breaking of the hiatus!

i hadn't wanted to spill the beans until i had the results of our NT scan, which involves measurements from an ultrasound coupled with bloodwork yadda yadda yadda. it has been nearly TWO WEEKS and i have yet to receive any bloodwork from St. Luke's-Roosevelt's fetal evaluation unit, so i will hereby declare that i am sick of worrying about it! i will throw caution to the wind, believe all is well (do i have any good reason not to believe so?) and share this new chapter of insanity in my life with you, dear readers.

i have been privately journaling in anticipation of sharing my news....my next few posts will be playing a little catchup from the last couple of months. enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


2/17/ 08

so this is what the hiatus has been all about: i am PREGNANT! KNOCKED UP! GOT A BUN IN THE OVEN!

currently i am in my fourth week and going on my fifth. naturally, i don't want to post about this on my big old blog for the whole wide world, so i am journaling until up to my first appointment.

i found out i was expecting a week and one day ago. i was CERTAIN i was getting my period...isn't it funny how pregnany and menstrual symptoms can be exactly the same? anyway, when i hadn't gotten my period i had suspected that very day and picked up a pregnancy test at walgreen's. sure enough, a big, fat plus sign emerged.

i think i stood in the bathroom for a good five minutes with my hand over my mouth, gasping at this stick, looking at it and myself in the mirror, thinking that this couldn't be happening. when bdub came home from his rehearsal, i left the door to the bathroom ajar and the light on. i hit "play" on bdub's ipod, as i had had it set to the song, "let's have a baby" by our friend mike viola. some lyrics:

"you might think
we need more space
you might think
new york is not the place
you might think
but don't think
let's have a baby!"

bdub took this as a sign that i wanted to make a baby then and there, until i steered him to the bathroom sink. balancing on the edge of it was my pee stick. bdub's first words:

"i think i need to sit down."

then we hugged and kissed and cried a little. it was very special.

so here we are. one week later, still pregnant! i have my first doctor's appointment on march 10 with dr. moritz, an amazing doctor with the ny women's health clinic at roosevelt hospital. dr. moritz comes at the recommendation of kara dean, my new york pregnancy guru. SOOOOO relieved that i can check finding a great doctor off of the list (and he takes our insurance, thank god).

symptoms so far (in order of severity):
1. gas/constipation (is that tmi? whatever. it's true.)
2. fatigue
3. sore boobs

1 comment:

Kage said...

oh, the beginning of an adventure that is JUST so enormous....literally and figuratively of course. Congratulations.