Tuesday, April 22, 2008

poppin' and lockin'

i popped today! for reals! i have an actual bump (and i am pretty sure it's not just gas.) in fact, a coworker who was privy to my "condition" even noticed with no prompting from moi. crazy.


here is a journal entry from 3/19 (another crazy pregnancy day):

it's alive! (or the closest thing to a religious experience of which i have ever felt)

i felt the baby today. of course, i didn't feel it kick or move or stir. but i felt it all the same.

after street to elevator, subway platform to train, i stepped through the open doors of the A with my kit in tow. three drummers sat in a circle in the center, and one kindly directed me to an open seat (hallelujah! this small act itself could perhaps prove the existence of a benevolent creator...and i wondered, did i look preg to him, or just exhausted? i felt both.)

i sat, closed my eyes. the rhythm, deep and clear, resonant and generations old, leapt into my throat and down to the babe. i felt it. it felt it. it was undeniable and here i sit on the next leg of my journey home. everything real to me at once.

No comments: