Saturday, January 26, 2008

and for our next kill....

...i wussed out and called my sister in law and her boyfriend, nick.

heather, if you are reading, let me just say this: a man who will come over to your sister in law's apartment at 1 am to help her dispose of a dead baby mouse is one thing--a keeper.

(and here they are, dumping the contents of the zapper:)



of course, last night as i settled in for a relaxing evening at home (this was pre-kill), i thought i would give my email one last check. this appeared in my inbox:


Hi, Noelle,

I know this is rather last minute, and we've never worked together, but I ran into your website when I was searching for a makeup artist.

I have a test shoot tomorrow night (January 26) from 5:30-9ish, with Tara from DNA Models. My regular makeup artist had to decline due to a job, and I've exhausted my other resources.

Please let me know if you're interested."


i looked at his website and it is killer, just the kind of stuff i need for my book.

alas, i was too late. in the two hours between him sending me his email and my reply, he had already found someone for the job.

ah well, atleast i made a new contact, i suppose. one who already has a regular makeup artist. (argh.)

1 comment:

allornada said...

Nowlzie...gotta tell you, your posts just SCREAM, you...they make me howl. You are a gifted writer and so very funny to boot...
Anyway, I'm just catching up with you and I'm sorry to hear how frustrated you were last week w/ work...how frustrating January was in general...BUT geez, don't even think about hanging it up, you are an incredible talent. Not only are you a great makeup artist, you're a BRILLANT business woman and I always benefit from your wisdom. ALWAYS. You're just going through a slow, crappy time. Look at it as time for you and whatever you wish to do. I know it's hard and frustrating...but don't give up. This stuff is all a numbers game. You've done your homework and you'll reap. Continue to market yourself and good stuff will come your way...(I know this doesn't help and you're probably rolling your eyes...but in the meantime, spend time with those who you love, who inspire you and I promise, good things will happen...)

Maybe some Biscuit-Beach time is in order??? Hmmm...

I'm having similar rodent issues. Natalie is on it. She got one yesterday and one today. She's proud and I'm proud of her. But there are MANY more...a military of 'em. I can hear them nibbling and scurrying about, freaking pests...makes me itch and shiver, uggg...

This is my first ever blog posting and I think I'm getting carried away so I'm going to continue in an email...xoxo