Monday, June 2, 2008

max's anatomy scan


today was my 20 week anatomy scan, which is essentially a very detailed ultrasound. i had warm gel squirted on my belly, and the technician, adelle, took all kinds of measurements from the images of max: lips, legs, arms, internal organs, his placement in the placenta, hands, feet, digits.

another technician took over, specifically to get images of the chambers of his heart, during which he preferred to flip and turn, so that took a while. she told me that something i ate must have been "very stimulating" for him, which, of course, has had me rethinking my orange juice intake (the only part of my eggs and toast breakfast which i can imagine would be "stimulating".)

a really sweet doctor came in to give me the results--MUCH nicer guy than the wiener doctor who was there for the NT scan. this guy actually seemed interested in how i was feeling, and asked me about my mother's pregnancies and if there were any complications. i told him i was one of five, and he said i needed to catch up, and that maybe next time it'll be twins.

hilarious.

max also quite enjoyed holding one foot with his hand during parts of the exam. both of the techs commented on it and it made them laugh. already the show off.



the results are that everything is fine, normal, perfect, etc. no problems. words cannot express my complete and utter relief.

bye for now!




(p.s. beezie, if you're reading: is it just my imagination, or does he already bear a striking resemblance to jasper, especially in the mouth?)

1 comment:

Beth said...

Nowlze, so glad everything looks great & healthy for Max. We can't wait to meet him. He DOES look like Jasper! And already doing his yoga poses.